ONEIDA COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT OOPP - NARCAN BY MAIL INSTRUCTIONS
- If you have an IMMEDIATE NEED for Narcan (naloxone), you may receive it at any pharmacy in NYS without a prescription or by contacting one of the local Opioid Overdose Prevention Programs listed at NARCAN | OC Opioid Task Force.
- If you order Narcan (Naloxone) from this program, please be sure to report any use in this anonymous form at: COMMUNITY NALOXONE USAGE FORM. This form is required by NYS for programs offering Narcan and is helpful in evaluating the effectiveness and demonstrating the need for this type of service.
How to Order Narcan (Naloxone) By Mail:
Step 1: Watch one of the short training videos below.
Step 2: After watching one of the training videos below, click on the link “OCHD Mail-in Narcan Form” and fill out the form
- You're all set! We'll mail you your kit as soon as possible.
- Please note that the Health Department is only able to fill one order per person and ship to addresses within Oneida County, NY.
- The OCHD may contact you, using the mobile number and/or email address you provided at checkout, to:
- Determine if you have used naloxone in responding to an opioid overdose;
- Notify you when your naloxone is about to expire;
- Confirm shipment of a naloxone refill; and
- Alert you to important Opioid Task Force news.
- Please note that due to postal service slowdowns and volume of orders some orders may be delayed.
Training Video Options:
2. NARCAN Training Video (Below):