Narcan Saves Lives
Naloxone, known by the brand name Narcan, is a medication that can rapidly reverse an opioid overdose from a prescription opioid, heroin, fentanyl, and other drugs mixed with opioids. Pharmacies and community-based organizations provide Narcan kits, training on how to administer it, and information on how to recognize/respond to the signs of an overdose. See a listing of these resources below as well as more information about the county's "Save A Life" overdose rescue kit distribution campaign promoting Narcan as a basic first aid tool.
"SAVE-A-LIFE" FREE NARCAN(NALOXONE) DISTRIBUTION CAMPAIGN:
Oneida County Opioid Task Force is launching a FREE Narcan (Naloxone) distribution campaign targeting local businesses and organizations. Task Force partners will be handing out free first aid overdose rescue kits with two doses of Narcan nasal spray over the next several weeks.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS NOT INTENDED FOR IMMEDIATE NEEDS. YOU CAN NOW GO TO ANY NYS PHARMACY AND OBTAIN NARCAN WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION OR CALL ONE OF THE AGENCIES LISTED BELOW. IF THIS AN EMERGENCY AND SOMEONE IS OVERDOSING RIGHT NOW, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY.
BUSINESSES and ORGANIZATIONS interested in getting a FREE "Save A Life" overdose rescue kit mailed or dropped off should complete the brief form at:
- Click here for a Save-A-Life Pack Request: Important Note: DUE TO HIGH DEMAND THERE MAY BE A DELAY IN PROCESSING ORDERS.
BUSINESSES and ORGANIZATIONS interested in a NARCAN EMERGENCY CABINET can apply online below:
- Click here to Request a Narcan Emergency Cabinet. Due to high demand orders may be prioritized and/or adjusted based on limited inventory. Item available as supplies last.
INDIVIDUALS looking for a Narcan Kit:
- Contact any of the agencies listed below or get Narcan mailed to you by contacting a provider with mail-in options listed below Important Note: DUE TO HIGH DEMAND THERE MAY BE A DELAY IN PROCESSING ORDERS OR
- As of August 11, 2022 YOU CAN GO TO ANY NYS PHARMACY AND OBTAIN NARCAN/NALOXONE WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION. Do you have prescription coverage as part of your health insurance plan? If you do, you can use N-CAP (Naloxone Co-Payment Assistance Program) to cover up to $40 in prescription co-payments so there are no or lower out-of-pocket expenses when getting naloxone at a participating pharmacy.
- NYS's 911 Good Samaritan Law Fact Sheet
OPIOID OVERDOSE PREVENTION PROGRAMS THAT PROVIDE NARCAN AND NARCAN TRAINING
Address: 287 Genesee St., Utica, NY
Address: 303 West Liberty St., Rome, NY
CENTER FOR FAMILY LIFE & RECOVERY:
Address: 502 Court St., Ste. 401, Utica, NY
Address: 510 Erie Blvd., West Rome, NY
Address: 264 W. Dominick St., Rome, NY
Address: 500 Whitesboro St. Utica, NY
HELIO HEALTH TREATMENT PROGRAM
Address: 1213 Court Street, Utica, NY
MCPIKE ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER
Address: 1213 Court Street, Utica, NY
ONEIDA COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Address: 406 Elizabeth St., Utica, NY
RESCUE MISSION ADDICTION STABILIZATION CENTER
Address: 210 Lansing St., Utica, NY
Phone: 315.735.1645 ext. 2161
Address: 1001 Noyes Street, Utica, NY
NARCAN BY MAIL OPTIONS:
Get Narcan in the Mail by contacting one of the following organizations:
- ACR Health - (pending)
- Community Recovery Center - Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helio Health - Email email@example.com
- NEXT Distro is an online and mail-based harm reduction service
- Oneida County Health Department "Narcan by Mail" Program
ONLINE NARCAN (NALOXONE) TRAININGS:
- Narcan Training (Source: ACR Health Syringe Exchange Program & NYSDOH)
- Recognize the symptoms of an Opioid Overdose and how to administer NARCAN®
- NYS OASAS Virtual Naloxone Trainings
- NYS OASAS PROJECT COPE: How to Reverse and Opioid Overdose Video