County Executive Picente Delivers 2022 State of the County Address
On Wednesday, April 6, Oneida County Executive, Anthony J. Picente Jr., delivered his 2022 State of the County address at the Shenendoah Club House at Turning Stone Resort Casino. County Executive Picente announced multiple initiatives aimed at the Opioid Task Force:
- Continue to collect and use actionable data through our ODMAP program.
- Work with our Street Outreach Teams.
- Expand our Naloxone programs, including our Leave Behind Program and placement of Narcan cabinets.
- Put drug detection devices in our county correctional facility.
- Create an Overdose Fatality Review Team to collect qualitative data and identify trends to connect the dots between the data and individual.
“The COVID-19 pandemic was a challenge unlike any other,” Picente said. “I’m proud of the work we have done as a government to lead this community through the uncertain and fearful days of March 2020, to the hope brought on by the vaccine and now to the final stages where we strive every day to keep us on the path to normalcy. We have learned valuable lessons. We have seen new and old issues exacerbated by this virus throughout our community. We cannot pretend they do not exist. We have to rise to meet them.”
A video of the State of the County Address can be viewed in its entirety here.
The speech can be read here.